Song Of The Day: Soul Food

11:13


The song of the day is Soul Food by Logic of his debut album Under Pressure released late in 2014. Fun Fact: parts of the song was freestyle during Sway In The Morning Show. This is still my favorite album at the moment. I learnt about Logic when I was doing research for my Favorite 2014 albums, any list about hip hop albums I always saw his name. Though I had heard about him before but I had never really taken time to time to listen to him. So I listened to a few songs and I did not get to digest this album then though I thought the guy was really cool so I just dropped it for a while. When I decided to pick it back up the album blew my mind.
Soul Food is my personal favorite from the album. It is like two different songs together it starts off kinda slow and reflective then the second part of the song is really more upbeat and more energy was put in. In the beginning there were some strings violins to be precise then drums came in. In this first part of the song Logic talks a number of things, He was trying to just paint a picture of his life from where he began to where he is right now, his family, his struggles, his success and things like that.
Then the second part comes in with a killer hook, it goes like:
I swear this music in my genes like Denim//
Lyricism seeping, I'm like venom//
Yes, I know the flow hotter than Lucifer//
Even though heaven sent him//
Spit it like Holy water, prophetically repent 'em then we gone//
There are also lot of amazing lines all through the song and I went ballistic when i heard this part for the first time:
But by putting pen to this pad and dispersing these feelings//
While the label only care about making a killin'//
Feel my energy, I ain't talking E-N-E-R-G-Y, I mean inner G//
That's the shit they never see//
This is one of the most hardcore songs I have heard in a while and one of the best rap performances as well, I can t wait to hear what Logic does next.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe