The Evolution: Brymo

10:23



I didn't want to do this playlist until I listened to his first album Son Of A Kapenta, well I have now and I'm kinda indifferent about it or maybe I just don't really get it yet, then I really like that Omoge Campus song but that's just by the way. His songs especially from his last two albums; Merchants, Dealers & Slaves and Tabula Rasa have clearly defined themes or a particular direction which he was able to continually thread on contrary to what most may think his is actually difficult to pull off. Also, his sound has become more and more congruous as he progresses and not like overly commercial harmonies.He has this traditional sound he's been able to retain as he's been moving forward. Then the guy is just too Yoruba always on all these proverbs and wise sayings, I guess that's something that makes the music even more interesting. Most of all his songs instrumentals usually consist live instruments like trumpets, drums, gongs and the likes. Also, after listening to his albums I guess I understand better why he had problems with his former label, I guess I was oblivious to a lot of things but now a number of those things have become clearer. Finally, I would be compiling some of my favorites from his albums.

Omoge Campus

Ara

Go Hard

Grand Pa 

Money Featuring David

Eko

Je'Le O Sinmi

Pound 

Prick No Get Shoulder

Jungle Fever 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe