Song Of The Day: Lean On

09:28

The song of the day was one of my best songs from last year, Lean On. It was by Major Lazer his lead single from the album Peace Is The Mission (which was also a fire album). It featured French producer Dj Snake and Dainish Singer Mo. 
Basically, the song speaks about support and love. It's meant to relate to what ever situation you're going through based on how you choose to see it. I didn't realize I had been listening to the song and I wasn't sure what the said in one part of the song, until I was play Nba 2016 I think and then I heard the song in the game and they kept censoring a part of the song and I wondered why? 
Then I finally did some extensive research and ended up liking the song even more. What they were censoring was "blow a kiss, fire a gun" the fire a gun part to be precise. In the original song the tempo was slower and it we like "blow a kiss, as you fire a gun" it makes more sense now right? Big ups to Dj Snake for increasing the tempo I think that's something that really made it such a big hit.
Also, the song was initially offered to Rihanna and Nicki Minaj and they both turned it down, I mean another reason why I think it's such a big hit and when I read that I was really inspired I thought at that moment "You don't need the biggest person to do something big..." 
The other thing that inspired me were the song actually debuted very low on the billboard chart but peaked at number 4, other than topping chart in numerous countries, it's presently the highest streamed song on Spotify with over 600 million streams. Then when I listen to the song I don't understand the euphoric feeling it gives me, then when I just pause to think about it there's something special about it but I can't just point it out. Maybe it's the house vibe or something but it calm and upbeat at the same time I would just conclude with the irony.


Finally, happy new year everyone! I've decided I'm going to write like I know I have plenty readers and I'm addressing them from now on, I don't know why I feel like not a lot of people read this but it doesn't matter I'll just keep writing anyway and Consistency 😏.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe