Song of the Day: Pree Me

21:00


I was very glad when I heard this song for the first thought that crossed my mind was; "Burna's still got it." Fast forward to when I saw online that he'll be releasing an Extended Play with his long time producer and friend LeriQ, who has produced a bulk of Burna's songs (I've written about him here) and his absence was very apparent in Burna's last album "On A Spaceship". I mean it was not in anyway a bad album but I didn't enjoy it as much and something was missing. 
So when I heard about Redemption I was so excited about the prospects and I feel like he did redeem himself musically with the tape. There was a lot of experimentation with the sounds although the tape and I feel both LeriQ and Burna had a good time making the tape.
To the song at hand, it was the only single of the tape. It has his signature laid back but still progressive vibe, which is so contradictory but he seems to pull off so well. In the song he talks about his journey how he's enjoyed it to the level he think he wouldn't change anything. Betrayal is also a major subject of contention, at several points he mentions how individuals have pretend, turned their backs, and plotted against him. 
I feel like he's had a period of vulnerability and then a number of unpleasant things have happened to him and this is his way of saying "you know what I'm done with this, out with all the negative energy and bad vibes in with the good."  This is a song and an album I've enjoyed lately and if you in anyway like Burna Boy's music or general sound I guarantee this is one you'll love.

 


Before I forget to mention Bamidele Babarinde worked on the amazing photos for the tape.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe